Saturday 24 April 2010

Android App Fail Rate Down.


It looks like my theory was correct and I had exposed a bug in the deletion code that had been present for a while but most users did know how to delete!

It is starting to look like I need to invest some time in keeping the quality level up on this app. That mean writing some unit tests.

What I develop without unit tests! Not usually.  But so far my android apps have been fairly small and in the name of short term productivity I threw out everything not needed. So no unit tests. I know, I can't be sure my app is work if I don't have unit tests.

Short term productivity is what I was after, I wanted to develop a few app get a feel for the android landscape and generally have some fun. Only one of the five apps I have made as any real long term future and that is the one that will gradually get some unit tests. As I could not really be sure what would be successful investing time in unit tests seem like the wrong thing to do - until now.

Of course there is only so much unit tests can do as proper logic verses UI code is heavily biased towards the UI code, it is just the nature of these type of small phone app that the UI code is proportionally more than the logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment