Wednesday 14 April 2010

Starting Over Is Fun.

As I have mentioned this blog is really a fresh start in terms of my blogging. I started my previous blog with the intention of creating a series of interesting articles along with less rigorous content.

Of course hoped to make a little income from these articles. The thing I did not understand at the time was in order to make money you need to write about things where there are advertisers. So while the content I produced go people reading it never produced any real income as there are not that many advertisers who want to target graph theory!

Lesson learned: If you want to create an article based website/blog to make some extra money make sure you target an area topic where there are advertisers.

These days blogging should be considered at worst a brain dump and at best me trying to figure things out rather than a space to write articles.

A challenge I now face is how to get some readers, thats you! Yep how do I take this blog from zero readers to some readers. My previous blog was never popular but it was just starting to pick up after 3 years and about 200 blog entries.

I have often wondered how hard it would be to start a new blog and actually gain readers. My plan is to just blog on stuff that interests me and hopefully there will be readers who find the combination of topic I post about interesting. This goes against the advise given to new bloggers, that is find a niche and target that if you want readers.

Stuff that interests me is usually stuff that I am doing. So assuming I do some interesting stuff this blog should be interesting to a least myself and hopefully a few more. Err I think I am repeating myself so I will stop there.

No comments:

Post a Comment