Monday 3 May 2010

Nexus One Arrived

I qualified for the google device seeding program that they announced in March. Last Friday the device finally arrived. Yep it took that long to be delivered and I imagine there was some supply change or delivery issue. Most people in Europe seem to have been hit by this delay in delivery. Then again it was a free device so waiting is not really a problem.

First impressions are wow it  has a nice screen. And wow it is fast.

Until now I had been developing using just the emulator and relying on that being accurate. The emulator does have one draw back as you have no idea of the performance to expect. This limits the complexity of calculations I can do. Writing something that won't be able to run smoothly on any phone made in the next five years would be quite an easy thing for me to do.

I guess I should finish this post with a thanks to google for running the seeding program.

No comments:

Post a Comment