Monday 26 November 2012

Late Nov Update 2012



I am still very time constrained at the moment and my mind is definitely on a pending Taekwondo grading rather actually programming. Having said that I have made some progress.

I took a look at what I have produced over the past couple of weeks and thought well that is not much. In fact it is not. Having said that I have been quite happy with my progress as I am learning quite a bit about JavaScript and emacs for that matter.

Plus I am officially chilling and not worrying about rate of progress at the moment. I did allow myself to create a text document (orgmode actually) containing a list of ideas, bugs and a what is probably a todo list. But I am not constraining myself to it. Just coding away and seeing what happens :)

Last night I coded up the alterations to support different size sprites in the editor rather than a fixed size, although at the moment you can only have one size per sheet. I have not done the support to the surround subsystems so it is not yet a use select-able feature just yet.

Started to remove a side bar that was destined to contain different tools. It had a little bit of a 1990s feel to it. Dragging your cursor all the way over to the left just seems like a long way to go to change drawing tool. Well it would be if I had more than one drawing tool implemented. The tools can either hang on the edge of the canvas or come up when right clicked. Oh and I like keyboard shortcuts so expect those at some point :)

I am starting to look at putting it out there to let people see what I have been up to. The keyword there is starting it won't be until I get some more free time to put in a bit of polish.

Learning emacs is still quite good fun. Weird keyboard shortcuts and magic commands to do stuff really appeals. It is very different to visual studio where I spend most of my day and that makes it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment