Thursday 3 January 2013

Setting Goals For The Next Six Months


Yep it is going to be another rambling post.

As you may have guessed from my previous post I like to do some thinking as a new year starts. I usually set some goals for the year coming ahead. Well actually rather than goals I have found it better to set topics. Things like this year I will focus on android app and so on.

My focus usually only last about 6 months before I do something else but I usually end up learning a lot. So for the next six months I plan to focus on producing games. Any platform/language is allowed although I can only really see myself coding for either android or HTML5.

This does mean I probably will not work on the sprite editor I was working on. While I have some nice ideas that have not really been done anywhere I have look the whole idea of a web based editor put tension on the work flow that mean it would be frustrating to use.

I briefly looked at using JavaFx to create a desktop version but in the decided to put it on the at some point it would be good list. JavaFx seems quite nice by the way.

I am starting small when it comes to games and tonight go some initial code and art put together for the first game I am producing.

No comments:

Post a Comment