Wednesday 23 January 2013

Webgen is Now Being Used


Tonight I ported marblemice.com over to use webgen. webgen is a static site generator that while not that actively developed seems to fit all my requirements. marblemice is now a little bit more maintainable.

Given the number of pages that marblemice has this was really just a bit of geek-ing around for an evening or two. I did this on the pretense that I would write some articles and that marblemice will grow over the coming months into some sort of large website.

Obviously this is not really going to happen, it is only going to grow slowly but hey it gave me a reason to mess around with it a bit and get it out of my system.

I am not sure what to think of webgen to be honest. It does what it sets out to with a minimum fuss and does it in a snappy way, for a website of my size.

2 comments:

  1. You might be interested to know that webgen *is* actively maintained insofar that the new 1.0.0 version is going to be released soon. The old 0.5.x branch will not receive any updates anymore.

    Beta versions of the new next webgen version are already available. However, the documentation still needs to be updated. The current state of the documentation can be viewed at https://github.com/gettalong/webgen-website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that information, I must have missed it when looking at it.

      Delete