Sunday 13 January 2013

Link To Game 1.



The weekend has turned out quite well, I got to the bottom of my of my problems in game one and I called it Onion Vs Wheelies. A simple clone of the game Dalek clone that involves an onion that is being chased by wheelie bins!

I am glad I started back with a small project as going through the whole process of design to release in a very short period of time has let me spot lots of things that need streamlining and also spot bugs in my slowly developing game library. The game does play reasonably well on my nexus 7 this means I will probably try to embed it into a simple java wrapper and see how it runs there. That's on the to-do list for this week, There will be a number of art assets I have to create if the game does embed well so it will take a little while before I get it published. Thankfully the controls seem ok so I probably won't need to do further work with them.

Spare moments I get tend to be spent on the design ideas for the next game. I am starting prefer one game idea over all the rest, It will be slightly larger in concept and design than "game 1" of the year but still draws on old 8/16 bit game ideas. I will probably stick with CoffeeScript again. However first things first, an android port of Onions Vs Wheelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment